As Height Safety System Installer/ foreman, you will be working as part of a small team to deliver effective installation of Working at Height Safety Systems within Heavy Industry, such as steelworks, Logistics, Ports etc. based mostly in the UK. You will have timed served and experience in site fabrication and installation within the same or similar industry.
You will manage the on-site installation processes as per company procedures. Your work area will cover the whole of the UK and you will be required to work and lodge away regularly in the week. On occasion and as requested by the client you will be required to work over the weekend.
Qualifications or experience preferred:
- On Site steel fabrication and installations.
- Site management experience.
- IOSH, ECITB Safety passport.
- Steelwork fabrication from drawings.
- IPAF Pal or PAL+.
- Working at height.
- Full UK driving license.
- Basic computer skills.
Driving is essential to the role so you will be required to have a car license with no more than 6 points to enable you to get to projects.
You will work to support the safety contracts department; offering information where appropriate and providing constructive feedback to enhance the overall output of the company.
Day to Day Duties
Your daily duties once trained fully include but are not limited to:-
- Meeting with clients and viewing installation areas to discuss the planning and preparation for projects.
- Running of site installations and liaising with site operatives and clients.
- Ensuring projects are completed to client specification and drawings provided.
- Ensuring projects are completed safely, to the procedure and to the highest standard of quality.
- Carryout annual inspections and issuing reports of safety systems.
- Completing and signing off all necessary reports and paperwork required.
- Stock traceability.
- Use of site equipment.
- Dealing with technical issues on site.
- Reporting back to the office on any potential sales for Rapid Rail.
- Reporting any accidents to the office.
Please note sufficient training will be maintained to allow you carry out your duties safely.
Salary and Hours
Working hours are 40 hours minimum per week with 1-hour unpaid lunchbreak per day, Weekend work will be paid additionally and agreed per project.
Starting Salary of £30,000 per year; after probationary period of 6 months has been completed you will be entitled to enter the company bonus scheme.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata plus bank holidays.